Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not How I Planned It......

Going into the parking garage, I see the MD Anderson Cancer Center main entrance.  This is not a place you think to find yourself in life, especially with your child.  But, it is a good place, a place of hope. The care and support we have gotten here is beyond belief.  We have gotten the absolute best of care here, and the doctors have given us so much more hope here than they did in Florida.  Lindsey is feeling good today, and the Dr. came in and said her infection is responding well to the antibiotics they are giving her in her IV.  He said if it continues to go well, she can take them orally and probably get to go home. She has an MRI tonight to check her brain after surgery, and hopefully we will get an update on that, and a report from the pathology lab, too!  Maybe they'll let us go home then. 
I am so homesick-I want to go home, and I miss my other girls, too.  The understand, but I know they are ready for Mom to come home.  I miss my comfortable routine, work, church, practices, etc.  Jolee has softball starting Friday, and I want to be there to see her pitch!  I'm a proud Mom!  I have 3 extraordinary girls and I'm very proud of them!  I also have 3 great stepkids, (really don't like that word), but I'm very proud of them, too!! 
I live a blessed life.  Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment