Friday, January 7, 2011

Comfort.....

What makes me content? I thought I'd list some things (not limited to) that make me happy and comfortable.
*a quiet morning when everyone is asleep and I am in my jammies drinking hot coffee and reading or journaling, or most mornings. both!
*the sound of the train in the distance...I know it doesn't sound comforting, but it is just by being there....comfort knowing it's always the same, always there. 
*holding the hand of one of my precious (precocious?) daughters, hearing them say "I love you, Mom!"
*the snnnooorrrriiiinnngggg of my hubby -who is driving me crazy tonight with his snoring!! 
*my parents being just down the road a piece....knowing they are there is comforting to me.
*the feeling I get when I walk into our church...it doesn't feel like a stuffy place, just a welcoming place where I can find someone who will love on me and care about me.....even though they know full well my flaws!
*the sound and smell of a blazing fire as it warms my heart and home!
*the sound of a friend's or family member's voice..even if I haven't seen them in forever, the conversation still flows freely because we are part of each other....
*Widdles' little toenails clisck-clacking on the floor,,,,,just lets me know he's there underfoot, as usual.  But it comforting!  (he's my grand-dog!)
more to come......

No comments:

Post a Comment